Saturday 3 March 2012

40A The Basin Reserve Pt.II

So as of tomorrow, I will have been down here for a fortnight. I guess it is about time I filled everyone in on what has been going on. This may only be interesting to a few people but I'm sure my mother will greatly appreciate this. As you can see from my previous post here, the Spidey-Cave I live in is pretty well equipped. It is on the top floor, so no phantom footsteps or ghosts moving around in the hallway outside. Everything here is a lot bigger than I expected, so I still have plenty of room for my secret dancing. I've decorated the place with all sorts of things that I have picked up from around the place (White Stripes, Scott Pilgrim, T. Rex, Misfits, Star Wars, Pokemon, Drab Doo-Riffs, Pulp Fiction, Iggy And The Stooges,Wasting Light, Sonic Youth, August Burns Red, Wooden Shjips, Shihad, Mark Lanegan, Deadpool, Die! Die! Die!, Black Dahlia Murder and more...). This place already feels like home, but I do really miss Alison. I will be back in Auckland soon to rock the motherfucking house and pick up my guitar. I have been desperate to play her for 2 weeks now and I want to play with my 21st birthday present from my awesome friends. After the great success of my (almost) 21st party in Feburary, I will be having a proper 21st down here in Wellington this Saturday. It will be a pretty small event with mainly American exchange students attending but there will be good music and a drunk Harry worrying about voodoo curses. This won't come as a surprise to my flatmates (Kate, Brendan, Tori and Allison) who are already very aware of what happens inside my head. My sequential art class (Comics) is having a show and tell on Tuesday but all my comics are in Akld, so I just HAD to go out and spend money at the comic book store. It was for school. It was for my education. So now I can sit crooked on my favourite spot on the couch and read Deadpool throughout this miserably rainy day. It has been pretty terrible weather lately (which my sister would love) and if I have learnt anything from television it is that when it is raining outside, something dramatic is about to go down. That and you can justify anything in the storyline as long as you blame it on the Hellmouth. I have already seen Death Cab For Cutie, No Aloha, Street Chant and Die! Die! Die! since getting here and I still have Lamb Of God, Unearth, Black Dahlia Murder x2, St Vincent, Boris and so much more this month to look forward to. I bought Sonic classic on Nintendo DS, so I will need to gather my brood of Auckland nerds and bathe in the majesty of Sonic 2! Can someone tell me if Sam bought a fucking DS yet? Watching the All-Star game used up so much of my internet but it was so worth it to see KD crowned MVP. That is it for now, there will be lots more of these random posts about what I am up to. Stay tuned...

P.S. there is no such thing as the Spidey-Cave. Peter Parker lives in an apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment