Tuesday 17 May 2011

I can't stop staring in those evil eyes

The 'Big 3' of doodles at Massey University of Design in Auckland, New Zealand have been underachieving over the last few weeks but the world is slowly correcting itself and everything is getting back to normal. It is good to see Izak back in the game after the devil tried to possess his glands and incapacitate him indefinitely. Vanilla Fiction has been our stand out performer over this dark period with a consistent showing of exceptionally strong doodles. Now that we are starting to work on our final comics for Uni, there should hopefully be an increase of doodles appearing on this blog as well. It is all up to me now...but until then, I found the most amazing doodle blog on the Internet. A charity website featuring doodles drawn by celebrities including Dianna Agron (Glee), Yvette Nicole Brown (Community), Seth Green (Buffy The Vampire Slayer), Joshua Malina (The West Wing), Julianna Margulies (ER), Cory Monteith (Glee), Amanda Palmer (The Dresden Dolls) and Martin Sheen (The West Wing).

Now I want to take you back to March 14th 2010, the day Lady Gaga brought the Monster Ball Tour to New Zealand. I was never really a fan of Gaga when she first came on the scene with Pokerface, in fact it wasn't until her appearance on Ellen where she performed Bad Romance and Speechless that I realised how great she really was. I decided right then and there that I had to see her perform live one day, so I went online and discovered that she had just recently announced a show in New Zealand but it was already sold out! I was heartbroken, until she announced a second show and there was no way I was missing out on that. I made sure I got a ticket for her second show and I am so thankful that I did because it was one of the greatest spectacles I have seen in my life. Semi Precious Weapons really impressed me as an opening act and then Lady Gaga just exploded my reality with her performance. Amazing vocal display and such an elaborate stage show, which she brought all the way to New Zealand in its entirety (something most artists fail to do). I was most impressed with her fountain of blood for Alejandro and the giant Doctor Who-like tentacle monster that stalked her during Paparazzi. It truly was one of the best shows I have ever seen. Unfortunately I am not so impressed with her latest material, it all seems like it is trying to hard to shock and is just confusing. She no longer has any restrictions for her musical weirdness and I think she is just going too far and getting lost, she needs to take a step back and listen to the advice of Jack White in the song 'Little Room' off the 3rd studio album by The White Stripes called White Blood Cells. Long live The Fame Monster.

Lady Gaga. 14 March 2011. Vector Arena, Auckland, New Zealand.


Semi Precious Weapons - Justin Tranter

Lady Gaga - Monster Ball Tour 2010

Monster

So Happy I Could Die

Speechless


Lady Gaga - Paparazzi

No comments:

Post a Comment