Friday 6 May 2011

Smite the sheperd and the sheep will be scattered


This is a sheep, made with willow charcoal and water-colour paints. He lives humbly somewhere in the majesty of New Zealand and has no idea that he is being uploaded to the Internet so people in countries all over the world can observe him. For privacy reasons, I will not be releasing the name of this specific sheep but for the purposes of this post, we will just refer to him as Case Study #222.301. Now I am fairly certain that #222.301's is really into heavy metal, with one of his favourite bands ever being Lamb Of God. I can only assume that is why he chose that particular title for this blog post, it is taken from the first metal song he ever loved, Vigil from the album As The Palaces Burn. #222.301 really enjoys their relentless musical brutality and Blythe's face-melting vocals....or maybe he just really appreciates the reference to his kind in their name? What ever the case may be, LoG is truly one of the best bands in the genre and a defining band of our generation. I had quite the surprise last time I went to visit #222.301 because he had found something in his mouth for me, it turned out to be the set list from Lamb Of God's 2010 supporting tour with Metallica! I have been in debt to that humble creature ever since, it was possibly the best show I have ever seen in my life. And now I will share it with you.

Lamb Of God (supporting Metallica). 14/10/2010. Vector Arena, Auckland, New Zealand


Lamb Of God Set List 2010

Randy Blythe

Randy Blythe


Robert Trujillo

Lars Ulrich

Kirk Hammett

James Hetfield

Metallica: Kirk Hammett, Robert Trujillo, Lars Ulrich & James Hetfield

No comments:

Post a Comment