Friday 22 April 2011

All the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service

My musical world has been dominated lately by the release of The Kills 4th studio album, 'Blood Pressures'. It is a much darker and more emotional album than its predecessor 'Midnight Boom'. This new expression of dread and frustration is reminiscent of her time with The Dead Weather, it really shows an impressive level of maturity. Right from the outset, the record is filled with a unique and dark, bluesy/grunge feel. I'm counting down the days until Hotel and VV announce a New Zealand date of their tour, it will easily be the highlight of my 2011. I last saw Alison Mosshart in 2010 with The Dead Weather, it was a lethal performance from the seductive front woman with her unkempt black hair flailing everywhere and her striking yet ghoulish poses. She was beautifully dangerous and now i'm hooked.


The Dead Weather. 17/03/2010. The Powerstation, Auckland, New Zealand


Alison Mosshart & Jack White
Dean Fertita & Jack White
Jack White
Alison Mosshart & Jack White
Alison Mosshart

The Dead Weather - Cut Like A Buffalo

I think my lack of photography skills really adds to the mood and atmosphere of the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment