Saturday 23 April 2011

Regret won't waste my life again

Lately, I have been increasingly worried about The Rule of Three, where things tend to disappear in threes. This is not to be confused with The Three Days Rule, explained best by Barney Stinson (Neil Patrick Harris) in s04e21 of How I Met Your Mother. It all began on February 2nd of this year when it was tragically announced that The White Stripes were breaking up and my world collapsed on top of me as I spiraled into months of mourning. It was a really devastating shock and a huge loss to the music industry, but just as I was starting to recover, I found out that Adam Copeland aka Edge is being forced to retire due to injury. Edge was my childhood hero and has been an inspiration to me throughout my life, so it was a pretty big surprise to hear he was never going to be able to compete again. At least I can remember them at their best, because both went out on the top of their games. The White Stripes had 6 hugely successful albums and Edge was the reigning World Heavyweight Champion, they were truly giants in their industries. So now I am left with the frightening concept of who will be the 3rd? I can only hope that the rule is simple a superstition, but there will always be that fear sitting in the back of my mind. For a while, I was worried that Jared Payne was the third, because during his best season ever for the Auckland Blues, he announced that he will be going overseas next season to play his rugby but I decided that the [former] Northland Taniwhas Captain and fullback/centre is simply relocating away from NZ and does not qualify to be the 3rd. Now I simply must wait and hope.




My sister brought me back this patch from Interlaken, Switzerland. It appears to be a goat of some kind but I have no idea what it is doing. So I am posting it here and hoping that everyone will comment and express their opinion about what the hell is going on there.

The options are:

a) Spitting Blood
b) Poking it's tongue out
c) Breathing fire
d) Being shot with a tranquilizer dart in the mouth
e) Exhaling a demon in spirit form
f) Other.....

1 comment:

  1. I tried thinking of something funny, but all I can think of now is B).

    )=

    ReplyDelete