Wednesday 27 April 2011

Elephants broken & screaming

It's going to be fucking hard for me to write about this, because I don't think I know enough adjectives for "fucking amazing" to keep this interesting. I have been a fan of Led Zeppelin ever since I was young, they were my gateway band into rock music and over the last few years I have been getting  into Queens of the Stone Age and Foo Fighters. So when I found out that Dave, Josh and John were forming a new band, it blew my fucking mind. I had no idea what to expect from the band, but I bought tickets to their show in New Zealand even though the album wouldn't come out for another few months. I just had immense faith that whatever they did, it would be fucking amazing. And I was right, the album was released in December of '09 and my obsession exploded exactly 2 minutes and 44 seconds into the first song. Now my life had focused like a laser towards January 30th, when they would play at Vector Arena. It was the first (of many) concerts where I lined up all day and I managed to get front row. Cairo Knife Fight were a fucking awesome opening band and they really destroyed their set (literally), then it was time for TCV. Its safe to say that night changed my life forever and whatever I type about it just couldn't possible do it justice, so I'll just leave you with some photos from that night.


Them Crooked Vultures. 30/01/2010. Vector Arena, Auckland, New Zealand 



Josh Homme & Dave Grohl

Dave Grohl

John Paul Jones

Josh Homme

Dave Grohl

Josh Homme, Dave Grohl & John Paul Jones



Signed and vandalised by Josh Homme

No comments:

Post a Comment