Thursday 7 April 2011

Welcome To The Hollow

Why the hell is everything so purple?

That was my first question too. This is my first time blogging, so i've still got a lot to learn about setting up my profile and making it actually look good. Im currently in my 3rd year of a bachelor of Design at Massey University in Auckland, New Zealand and i'm going to use every bit of that education to make this an aesthetically bitchin blog. I will mainly be posting random drawings and sketches accompanied with specific rants filled with plenty of obscure references....it should be genius.


This was drawn over a month ago now, it's just a black pen doodle done during class. The title is a reference to a Queens of the Stone Age song called 'Into The Hollow'. It was about 4 days before I was seeing them live at the Logan Cambell Centre for the first time. I met the entire band at Real Groovy before the show which was just fucking amazing. I'm one of those crazy fools who just loves lining up all day for concerts, the atmosphere is just brilliant and nothing beats the thrill of front row. I also have a pretty decent setlist collection from all the concerts I've been to.


It is barely legible due to the extreme temperature but it was a fucking amazing night. Though one of the unexpected highlights of that day was earlier in the day when I was lucky enough to meet Brody Dalle (The Distillers, Spinnerette), she was about 4 months pregnant and just so fucking cool.


So yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment