Monday 25 July 2011

Exoskeletal junction at the railroad delayed

Big Day Out 2010 in Auckland city started off with a 3-way clash between some of my favourite New Zealand bands to this day, they were The Drab Doo-Riffs, Cairo Knife Fight and Popstrangers. They were all playing different stages at 11AM when the doors opened, and even though I am happy for those bands because they get to play BDO, I would hate to have to choose between them. The day got easier after that, I saw Temper Trap and Passion Pit on the Green/Converse stages then I headed over to the main stage to join the Mastodon moshpit. After that I went straight to the NZ stage where I saw Tainted, who were possibly one of the best acts I saw that day. They had really amazing energy and the security guards kept spraying us with a hose, which was felt absolutely magical after spending all day in the sun. Kasabian was rather uneventful and I spent the next few hours checking out the other bands around, like The Horrors, Ladyhawke, The Veils and The Decemberists. I saw Peaches the night before at her sideshow, so I didn't go see her again that day but I missed seeing Devendra Banhart and Dead Prez which I am quite gutted about. As the evening went on, I headed up to the stands of the main stage to watch the head lining acts. Dizzee Rascal isn't really my thing, but watching the crowd all jump in unison was kind of amazing, then Lily Allen played her set but her sound quality was rather poor. The Mars Volta were my favourite band to play that night, but I didn't get a great view of them performing. It was dark by now and Muse were taking the stage for the final show of the night. They brought their crazy laser display down here with them and put on a brilliant performance. Their setlist was fantastic and the entire night was a real spectacle. I didn't take many photos during the day because everything ended up blurry, but these are the ones that turned out alright:

Big Day Out. 15/01/2010. Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand.

Tainted

Dizzee Rascal

Lily Allen

The Mars Volta

Muse

No comments:

Post a Comment