Monday 11 July 2011

They're swimming in the sand

Seeing the legendary Bon Jovi was pretty exciting for me, I've got a friend who is absolutely obsessed with them and her insanity was contagious. originally they were meant to play at Mt Smart Stadium, but the couldn't transport all their stage equipment from Wellington overnight, so the show got moved to Vector Arena. The opening act was just terrible, so I will waste no more time talking about them. The opening song started playing but I could'nt see Jon yet, the rest of the band was out but he was nowhere to be seen. Then I heard his vocals start to echo throughout the arena but I still couldn't see him on the stage. It was then that I realised he was actually behind us, standing on a barrier in the middle of the audience with his acoustic guitar in hand, singing to the crowd in the back. Eventually he made his way back to the stage and they kicked off the show with You Give Love A Bad Name. The pace of the show was electric and the energy never stopped, it was such a fun show. Ritchie took the mic and sang Lay Your Hands On Me, and they gave us some classic songs like Bed Of Roses, It's My Life, Lost Highway and the spectacular Always. There was never any doubt that they would end the show on Livin' On A Prayer and it really blew the roof off the place. Jon's voice is still so amazing and Ritchie's fingers never slow down, I am extremely lucky besause due to recent events it may have been their last tour in NZ, but I really hope they come back again (though it cost me an arm and a leg to get the great tickets I got last time).

Bon Jovi. 05/12/2010. Vector Arena, Auckland, New Zealand.







No comments:

Post a Comment