Monday 25 July 2011

She's ripping wings off of butterflies

They had already been to New Zealand once that year and on October 8th 2010, Paramore were back for another huge show. They had played a smaller venue last time they were here, but this time they were playing Vector Arena which is NZ's biggest venue. This concert was announced around the same time as a lot of other shows, like Metallica, so I didn't have the luxury of getting expensive seats. Therefore I was seated pretty far away from the actual stage (which is a place I'm not really familiar with) but it didn't bother me too much. A New Zealand band called The Jury & The Saints opened for Paramore, I didn't really know who they were and they weren't greatly impressive but there was an amazing part of their set where Hayley Williams comes out and plays drums for a bit of one of their songs! That made the whole set much better. Next to play were christian rockers Relient K, whose pop punk sound was really electric and made for a great show (I had a few friends there who were only there to see them). Relient K wrinkled my mind when they played a cover of Africa by Toto (which was a prominent feature in the season 2 premiere of NBC's Community). Finally Paramore took the stage and played a brilliant set. They had a really good show and their stage show was very impressive, even though I was so far away they all looked like insects. The brought out a couch in the middle of the show, which they all sat on to perform The Only Exception and other slower/acoustic songs. Overall it was a really good night and I was glad I got to see them that night, because it will probably be the last show they ever play in NZ.

Paramore w/ Relient K. 08/10/2010. Vector Arena, Auckland, New Zealand.

Where it all began...

Paramore

Hayley Williams

Paramore

Paramore - That's What You Get

No comments:

Post a Comment